The latest news and updates on coronavirus.
As the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread across the globe, we are actively monitoring the situation both domestically and abroad, with the ultimate goal of minimizing the risk of exposure for our students and employees through social distancing. In particular, we have activated a Coronavirus Task Force, which is meeting on a regular basis to identify and mediate risk, and plan for the future, as it relates to coronavirus. Pomfret has an obligation to protect the health and safety of our community – especially the most vulnerable – and an equally important role to play in holding up our end of the social contract.
- What is Pomfret doing about the coronavirus?
- How is Pomfret monitoring the outbreak?
- Have any Pomfret community members contracted the virus?
- Where can I find more information about coronavirus?
- What is Pomfret's travel policy right now?
- What is happening with school-sponsored travel?
- Is Pomfret open for Spring Break?
- What is happening with the big spring events?
- What about spring athletics?
- When can I return to campus to retrieve my personal belongings?
- I have items in the day student room and/or a locker in the OSU. How do I get these items?
- I have Pomfret property that I need to return (athletic equipment, cameras, library books, etc.)
- What if I can't return to campus before the end of the school year?
- What is the absolute last day I can come to campus to clear my room?
- How can I store or ship my belongings?
- What do I do if I have packages waiting for me at school?
The page was updated on April 1, 2020.
Coronavirus Response Team (CRT)
Tim Richards, Head of School
Wes Jenkins, Dean of Students
Garry Dow, Director of Communications
Sarah Ligmann, Director of Health
Don Gibbs, Dean of Academics
Brenda Bullied, Director of Facilities
Rich Dempsey, Associate Head of School
Amy Graham, Director of Enrollment Management
Ed Griffin, Chief Financial Officer
Vassar Pierce, Interim Director of Advancement
Martha Horst, Dean of Faculty
Pat Boyd, Form Dean
Tie Watkins, Director of Technology
Jon Sheehan, Director of Athletics
Justin Klein, Board Chair