Join us for the 127th Commencement of Pomfret School.
Your child has accomplished so much to get here. Now it's time for us to celebrate those achievements live and in-person! Commencement will take place on Sunday, May 23 at 1:00 p.m. This year, each senior can invite up to four guests. The ceremony will be preceded by an al fresco picnic lunch from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. William Tong, attorney general for the State of Connecticut, will be our graduation speaker. We look forward to hosting you!
- 8:30 – 9:45 Senior Breakfast, Campbell House
- 9:00 – 11:30 Senior Move Out, Dorms
- 11:00 – 12:30 Al Fresco Picnic, Lasell Alumni House Lawn
- 12:30 - 12:45 Senior Photo, Proctor Sundial
- 1:00 – 3:30 Commencement Exercise, Observatory Field
- 3:30 Departure
- Is there a guest limit this year?
- What is your Covid vaccination and testing policy for this event?
- How is the ceremony going to work this year?
- How is move-out going to work this year?
- Where exactly is the Observatory Field Tent?
- What's happening with lunch?
- Will there be a livestream?
- Can seniors who are at a distance come back for Commencement?
- Who is the Commencement speaker?
- What should I wear?
- Can I bring my dog?
- What if I have a hard time getting around?
There are two good restaurants within walking distance of Pomfret. Downtown Putnam also has a number of great options. For lunch, we suggest the Vanilla Bean in Pomfret. For dinner, we suggest 85 Main in Putnam.
The Quiet Corner is home to a number of small bed and breakfasts, and a smattering of larger hotels. The Inn at Woodstock Hill, about 10 minutes away, is a wonderful choice. Comfort Inn and Suites, in nearby Dayville, is another popular (less expensive) option.
Thursday, May 20
- Commencement Rehearsal
- Sundial Ceremony
- Moving Out Ceremony
- Senior Dinner
Friday, May 21
- Whitewater Rafting on the Deerfield River
- Senior BBQ
Saturday, May 22
- Prom and Senior Celebration
- Senior Meeting
This year, each senior can invite up to four guests.