With 15 sports and 42 teams, we have plenty to choose from.
Crew - Girls Varsity
The Pomfret Girls Crew team rows on Quasset Lake in Woodstock, Connecticut, which is a protected lake, located five miles from the school. The lake allows six boats across to row a straight 1,500-meter race. Pomfret’s Blodgett Boathouse was built in 2005 and offers such state-of-the-art features as a speaker system for announcing the races as the boats come down the course. The team belongs to the New England Interscholastic Rowing Association and annually strives to qualify up to four boats for the NEIRA Regatta on Lake Quinsigamond in Worcester. Team values emphasize safety, generosity, reliability, humor, and speed. Whatever their experience level, we seek to instill a work ethic that asks each girl to stretch toward greater personal growth and the common good of the team.
- Qualified for 2015 NEIRA Regatta
- Notable alumnae include Felice Mueller ’08 who competed in the 2016 Rio Olympics
Directions to the Blodgett Boat House: (from Pomfret School)
- Take Routes 169 (north) & 44 (east ) past Rectory School, one mile to the 4-way stop
- Go left at the stop onto Route 97
- Go 0.7 miles and take a right onto Quasset Road
- Go about 2 1/2 miles (lake will be on your left) until lake ends
- When lake ends, take the left hairpin turn onto West Quasset Road
- Go 0.2 miles and the entrance to Pomfret's crew property will be on your left (right before the road turns to dirt)
- Enter the property through the two stone pillars and park immediately to your right (do not drive down to the boathouse)