With 15 sports and 42 teams, we have plenty to choose from.
Crew - Boys Varsity
The Pomfret Crew team has a long tradition as the school’s oldest athletic team. The crews row on nearby Quasset Lake where Pomfret School’s Blodgett Boathouse is located and is the only boathouse on the private lake. The team races a competitive schedule in the NEIRA league, with major regattas each weekend of the spring, including several hosted at Pomfret on the school’s six-lane race course.Many rowers learn to row at Pomfret and progress from the novice boats to the varsity level as they develop strength, skill, endurance, and toughness. Pomfret rowers have competed for the US Junior and Senior national team, and gone on to row in college at the D1 and D3 level, including Dartmouth, UPenn, US Naval Academy, MIT, Cal Berkeley, RIT, Virginia, Hobart, Tufts, and others.
- Blodgett Boathouse on private Quasset Lake is a superb facility with a full race course.
- Very competitive schedule against top teams in New England in the competitive NEIRA league.
- Corzine Athletic Center allows rowers to train and improve year-round.
- Most Pomfret rowers begin rowing at Pomfret and can develop into collegiate level rowers. Experienced rowers can have an immediate impact on the team.
Directions to the Blodgett Boat House: (from Pomfret School)
- Take Routes 169 (north) & 44 (east ) past Rectory School, one mile to the 4-way stop
- Go left at the stop onto Route 97
- Go 0.7 miles and take a right onto Quasset Road
- Go about 2 1/2 miles (lake will be on your left) until lake ends
- When lake ends, take the left hairpin turn onto West Quasset Road
- Go 0.2 miles and the entrance to Pomfret's crew property will be on your left (right before the road turns to dirt)
- Enter the property through the two stone pillars and park immediately to your right (do not drive down to the boathouse)