We bring the world to Connecticut.
Pomfret is proud of its longstanding commitment to international students. As an international student at Pomfret, you will participate in every aspect of campus life, from student council to community outreach to the performing arts, while being exposed to the best of American culture, values, and language. Pomfret supports international students by offering shuttles to specialty and ethnic grocery stores and restaurants; arranging for "homestays" when you are unable to return to your country for a short break; visa, I-20, and passport assistance; and transportation to and from airports during holiday breaks.
Culture Fest is a week-long celebration that includes a special dining hall menu of international cuisine. It includes an afternoon of shopping, cooking and dining amongst students and faculty from various cultures; and an evening of performances devoted to celebrating the various ethnic and cultural perspectives that a geographically diverse student body can bring to the students’ experiences.
The application process is the same for both international and domestic students. However, students whose first language is not English are expected to take the TOEFL exam in addition to the other required tests. During the application process, most international applicants visit campus for the required interview and tour. During December and January, Pomfret hosts special afternoons for prospective international students.
- I am already studying in the U.S. this year. Do I have to interview with Vericant?
- I plan to visit campus. Do I have to interview with Vericant?
- Is there a TOEFL minimum required in order to schedule an interview?
- I scored a 95 or above on my TOEFL. Do I still need to interview with Vericant?
- If I work with a very good consultant, do I have to go through Vericant?