The big questions.
Throughout history, religion has expressed the deepest questions a human being can ask. Who am I? What can I know? How should I act? At Pomfret, these questions call out for better understanding. The main goal of the Religion Department is to foster a healthy respect for all religions, and to ensure that every Pomfret student will, in a classroom setting, engage with the "six big questions" that form the core issues of faith-centered communities the world over.
- Fall and Winter » The Power of Story: Film, Faith, & the Human Spirit
- Fall » Introduction to World Religions: Wilderness & Community
- Spring » The Happiness Project
- Winter and Spring » Wisdom 101: Contemplative Practices
- Spring » Astronomy III: Our Universe & the Human Worldview
- Summer » Peace, Wonder & Understanding Islam