Help us create the next generation of doers.
At Pomfret, it's what we do together that sets us apart. It’s the people who live and work here — their ideas and passion — that make the difference. We’re perfectionists, idealists, inventors, forever tinkering, always striving. In the process, we don’t just educate students. We transform lives. And none of us would have it any other way.
Our faculty create a space in the world for our students to learn and grow and dream. We teach with passion and instruct with purpose. We get to know our students, speak honestly with them, hold them accountable. As educators, we share a love of learning, a commitment to excellence, a concern for the common good, and a strong work ethic.
There are no Open Teaching faculty positions.
Our administrators lead by example — in admissions, academic affairs, the dean's office, college counseling, athletics, the dorms. We work tirelessly to recruit, retain, guide, and support our students as they navigate their most transformative years.
There are no open Administrative Faculty positions.
From Advancement to Information Technology to Facilities, we are a close-knit group of professionals who bring experience, perspective, and skill to the business side of the Hilltop. And though we do not work directly with students, we all share a deep and abiding commitment to the transformative power of the boarding experience.
Director of College Counseling
Part Time / Full Time:
Provide high-level, comprehensive, and confidential support to all members of the college counseling team, especially the Director.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Perform day-to-day problem-solving as the “face” of the office
- Coordinate Junior Parent College Counseling Workshop and student workshop
- Lead creation of College Board and ACT accounts for all juniors
- Lead annual fall and spring college fairs, each of which is attended by approximately 100 college representatives
- Lead on-campus interview and college visit program
- Lead electronic submission of application supporting materials, including digital conversion of previous school documents
- Lead each year the proofing, formatting, and uploading of approximately 200 teacher recommendations
- Lead college application fee waiver program
- Maintain Family Connection, our internal college counseling website
- Work with Communications team to update Pomfret School’s college counseling website
- Manage Naviance database and coordinate interface with other Pomfret databases
- Assist alumni/alumnae in college transfer process
- Research and incorporate knowledge of best practices, new policies, procedural advances, and trends among college counseling professionals and ancillary constituencies (ACT, SAT, NACAC, NCAA, Common Application, UCAS, etc.)
- Create and maintain resources, calendars, and documents for students and families; communicate via newsletters and direct correspondence
- Cultivate relationships with close to 200 colleges and universities to advance Pomfret School’s reputation as a respected, innovative, and rigorous educational institution
- Liaison to the Academic Dean, Registrar, and Admissions, Business, and Advancement offices
Position, Education/Certification and Software Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills
- Facility with Microsoft Office products and Google applications
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to work under deadline pressure
Please send an application, resume, and cover letter to email@example.com
At Pomfret, we value diversity and always employ, retain, promote, and otherwise treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pomfret School is a member of SPHERE, a consortium of eleven Hartford-area independent schools committed to broadening diversity of our student bodies, administration, faculty and staff.